The audiobook version of Time Crime, narrated by the award-winning narrator David Stiles, may be purchased and enjoyed via my Authors Direct storefront:
That is, listeners listen on a free app available for iOS and Android devices, or on their computer with the new Authors Direct web player. It’s easy.
Why Authors Direct?
First off, Authors Direct is a new service offered by Findaway Voices, through which I produced and now distribute the audiobook version of the novel. Keeping the production, distribution and e-commerce all in the family, as it were, simply makes for a friendly integration of technologies and rock solid, professional quality customer service. Authors Direct also handle my sales tax concerns, provide reports and otherwise help me spend more time writing and less time managing an e-commerce website. Not that I don’t already spend considerable amounts of time doing that. Hey, I’m writing all this, aren’t I? I maintain this website on my own. And it’s just one thing among many that make being an indie author – an authorpreneur as we’re called – a lot of work. But I like it and I think it’s worth it.
From the listener’s perspective no perceivable difference exists between buying your copy of the audiobook from my Authors Direct storefront or, say, Amazon’s Audible.com. That is to say, besides the handful of differences noticeable within the various apps – logos, page set ups, menu configurations and so forth – the streaming or downloading experience is all the same. Which is great because the point is a seamless buying and listening experience.
It may sound like I’m selling Authors Direct and Findaway Voices. I am and I’m not, really. Because I’m happy to connect with readers and listeners within any and all retailers where the novel is available and within the particular app which a fan prefers. I’m all for not falling into the trap of exclusivity whereby you’re either in or out of enjoying access to a book. No. Time Crime ought to be easily available to everyone without the hassle of a subscription service or by having to surrender their email address to an annoying mailing list.
The Authors Direct option just happens to provide higher royalties to me as the author but most importantly it allows me to maintain full control over the pricing and promotion of the novel. Authors Direct, in their own words, seeks to provide:
- Instant Delivery: Customers can instantly listen to audiobooks in the Authors Direct app after purchase. First-time users are emailed instructions on how to download the app and set up their account.
- Offline Listening: Listening can happen anywhere with full offline playback support.
- Speed Control: Fine-grained controls let users listen at their own pace.
- Chromecast: Your audiobook can be cast from the app to any Chromecast or Google Home device.
- Ad-free: Whether listeners are purchasing online or listening in the Authors Direct app, Authors Direct is a completely ad-free experience.
- Safe for Work Mode: An Authors Direct-exclusive feature that allows listeners a discrete solution to wandering eyes on their phone screens.
- Ease of use:
Meanwhile, if you’re interested in finding out exactly where – which audiobook retailers in addition to Authors Direct – TIME CRIME is available, click here: